Activ8 Recruitment and Solutions – Long Beach/Torrance, CA
We are Activ8 group, the international recruiting agency in the United States.
Our clients are from all business sectors and we work to source the highest qualified candidates available.
One of our client, a Global Freight Forwarding Company is now seeking a Customs Entry Writer/Customer Service Rep in Long Beach/Torrance, CA area.
Please reply with your most recent resume in an MS Word document
///Direct applicants only//
///We do not accept any resumes from any third party organizations or other recruiters///
Summary of Responsibilities of Customs Entry Writer/Customer Service:
– Make CHB entries under US Customs law for the importers/customers under the supervision of the Custom House Broker.
– Receive and review documentation to input and transmit data for CBP release of shipments.
– Follow SOPs for each customer on the correct method and data required for preparing an entry.
– Ensure that all documents required by US Customs regulations are correct and in compliance with US Customs law.
– Use product files for identification of commercial invoice and HTS details.
– Report to supervisor managers the completion of entry tasks and release of cargo.
– Report to supervisor exceptions to established clearance requirements.
– Confirm to customers release details through pre-established communications protocols.
– Perform customer service duties with correspondence to customers and overseas partners.
– Coordinate with supervisors delivery exceptions and special delivery instructions.
Requirements of Customs Entry Writer/Customer Service:
– High School Diplomas or Equivalent AND 6 month – 2 years of experience of the import operation and/or customer service.
– Must be able to multi task.
– Must have good team working skills.
– Communicate effectively, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
While performing the duties of this job you may be required to intermittently sit, stand, walk, lift in excess of 25 pounds with a lift assist, climb stairs, handle or feel parts/equipment, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist, talk and listen. You may also be required to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision
We screen ALL Candidates to verify the validity of each applicant with criminal background / Social Security verification. Upon submitting your resume, we will contact only those candidates that we deem qualified for our client. If we do not contact you, we do not see the fit for the position. If we are unable to reach you in a reasonable timeframe, you will be eliminated from the pool of potential candidates
|Location||Long Beach/Torrance CA|
|Position||Entry Writer / Customs Brokerage Rep|
|Job Order Number||TX/KK2/26100|
|Experience (Years)||2 years|