A Global Automotive Parts Manufacture is looking for a Buyer / Purchasing Agent in Northeast of Atlanta (1 hour 15 minutes away)
Please submit your most updated resume in an MS Word Document.
Responsibilities of Buyer / Purchasing Agent – Automotive
– Negotiates parts cost, specifications, package specifications, timing, and other related issues with Vendors and Suppliers.
– Requests and/or receives quotations from vendors, and compare quotations.
– Places purchase orders for a variety of commodities, materials and supplies working from requisitions, drawings, specifications and memos.
– Confer with management to identify and develop terms and conditions of procurement contracts.
– Develops new supply sources as needed.
– Visits supplier to investigate suppliers, conduct negotiations, supplier audits, and quality audits.
– Maintains data base and enters required data (purchased materials, cycle times, burden rates, etc) into systems.
– Assists Purchasing Manager with price negotiation and compliance of RFQ.
– Supports all other Departments requests for assistance in matters concerning vendors.
– Other job duties are assigned as required.
Requirements of Buyer / Purchasing Agent – Automotive
– Bachelor’s degree with Business Discipline and/or Supply Chain/Operations Management related major
– 2 years’ experience in Buyer or Purchasing in the automotive parts manufacture
– Strong negotiation skills
– Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
– Excellent communication skills (Speaking/Reading/Writing)
– Good time management skills
– A valid driver’s license with good driving record
– AS400/ MRP system experience is a big plus
– Understanding engineering knowledge is a big plus to assist design changes, to read design draft, and to understand technical issues\
– While performing the duties of this job you may be required to intermittently sit, stand, walk, lift up to 25 pounds, lift in excess of 25 pounds with a lift assist, climb stairs, use hands to handle or feel parts/equipment, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist, talk and hear. You may also be required to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision. This position includes manufacturing and warehousing work environment. While performing the duties of this job you may be required to intermittently sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, use hands to handle, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. You may also be required to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
We screen ALL Candidates to verify the validity of each applicant with criminal background / Social Security verification. Upon submitting your resume, we will contact only those candidates that we deem qualified for our client. If we do not contact you, we do not see the fit for the position. If we are unable to reach you in a reasonable timeframe, you will be eliminated from the pool of potential candidates.