An international manufacturer in the northern Louisville, KY area is looking for a CNC Machinist for their 1st shift operation
• Set up an operate multi-axis (3, 4, & 5) milling center machines and lathes
• Performs machine set up and operations by adjusting machine according to work orders; by determining reference points, machine cutting paths and by setting and adjusting speed, feed and other controls.
• Maintains work piece quality by observing machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunctions: by taking corrective action as necessary; by measuring work piece dimensions with measuring instruments and to determine accuracy of machine operations.
• Prevents rework and scrap by focusing on the task at hand; by ensuring tools/machine are ready for production.
• Keep management informed by reporting problems immediately to Management.
• Experience with measurement instruments like calipers, micrometers, depth gages, and indicators
• Study and interpret drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances
• High school diploma or G.E.D
• Ability to apply concepts of basic math skills
• Ability to problem solve and communicate
• Willing to run multiple machines independently
|Job Order Number||27871|