A global automotive parts manufacturer in the Piqua, OH area is seeking a Die Maintenance Technician for their manufacturing facility
1. Receives dies. Checks and inspects die for damage. Uses hand and hand power tools to disassemble die for cleaning and repair. Wipes and cleans die. Performs routine repairs. Notifies supervisor or Engineer of major repair problems.
2. Sets up and operates various machine tools to make replacement parts or to perform repairs to dies and to sharpen tools. Performs setup and operation of surface grinder, drill press, cylinder grinder and various hand tools. Plans sequence of operations and performs one or more setups to accomplish required machining operations. Refers to work procedure and quality standards manuals as needed.
3. Checks blueprint and die specifications. Uses micrometer, calipers, and fixed or adjustable gauges as needed to ensure that repairs meet specified tolerances.
4. Operates die lifter, lift truck, overhead or jib crane, and related material handling equipment to lift, move, and handle die. Lifts, moves and handles items using safe lifting technique
5. Performs routine operator maintenance to machines. Lubricates machine, fills oil caps, greases fittings, wipes spills, clears away scrap or trash.
6. Learns and performs duties of Machine Operator and Die Setter. Performs duties of tapping machine operations, furnace operation, assembly, packing, sorting, cleaning, maintenance, or other tasks as assigned.
7. Observes safety standards, follows safety rules, wears specified personal protective equipment. Maintains neat work area. Participates in safety activities.
8. Maintains records related to shop orders, machine operations, production, quality, etc. Reviews records, notifies superior, or takes corrective action to maintain quality and production standards,
9. Recommends improvements. Participates in training. Performs other tasks as requested.
* High school education with courses in machining, die repair, or mechanics.
* 1 – 3 years’ experience related to metal working, machining, grinding, drilling, or die repair with knowledge of setup and operation of surface grinders, drill press, and related tools. Possess mechanical aptitude, ability to read blueprints, and ability to lift/move 50-pound items.
* Any other equivalent combination of training and experience.
This position includes manufacturing and warehousing work environment. While performing the duties of this job you may be required to intermittently sit, stand, walk, lift up to 25 pounds, lift in excess of 25 pounds with a lift assist, climb stairs, use hands to handle or feel parts/equipment, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist, talk and hear. You may also be required to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
If you feel you can make positive contributions to our company, and think this is the right type of position for you, please don’t hesitate to send us your resume right away!
Direct applicants only.
We do not accept any resumes from any third-party organizations or other recruiters.
|Position||Die Maintenance Technician|