An international manufacturer in the Milwaukee, WI area is looking for a CNC Machinist for their 2nd or 3rd shift operation
• Set up an operate multi-axis (3, 4, & 5) milling center machines and lathes
• Performs machine set up and operations by adjusting machine according to work orders; by determining reference points, machine cutting paths and by setting and adjusting speed, feed and other controls.
• Maintains work piece quality by observing machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunctions: by taking corrective action as necessary; by measuring work piece dimensions with measuring instruments and to determine accuracy of machine operations.
• Prevents rework and scrap by focusing on the task at hand; by ensuring tools/machine are ready for production.
• Keep management informed by reporting problems immediately to Management.
• Experience with measurement instruments like calipers, micrometers, depth gages, and indicators
• Study and interpret drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances
• High school diploma or G.E.D
• Ability to apply concepts of basic math skills
• Ability to problem solve and communicate
• Willing to run multiple machines independently
This position includes manufacturing and warehousing work environment. While performing the duties of this job you may be required to intermittently sit, stand, walk, lift up to 25 pounds, lift in excess of 25 pounds with a lift assist, climb stairs, use hands to handle or feel parts/equipment, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist, talk and hear. You may also be required to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
If you feel you can make positive contributions to our company, and think this is the position for you, please don’t hesitate to send us your resume right away!